The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-02-2002, 09:11 AM

Default Question about prefix-plus settings...

This Sunday my new 314ce is making its "plugged in" debut during both services at my church. I have yet to plug it in to a PA system but was wondering if you guys can give me some general guidelines on the settings on the prefix-plus. I guess the sound guy will work with me but I want to be prepared with a little head knowlege as we (myself, the electric, bass, piano and orchestra and choir and whoever else they can fit up there!!) will only have about an hour for rehearsal in the morning.

P.S. I will be doing both fingerstyle and strumming

Thanks,

Scott
Old 08-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

If the little sliders had 1-10 scales on them with 10 being the highest of course...

I put bass at 6 or 7, midrange at 4 and treble at 6 or 5....

This gives the sound some strength on the bottom where it can tend to be the weakest for filling a room, the midrange of a taylor is strong enough on its own, and if you are fingerpicking, it never hurts to have a little extra high in there.

Oh, and throw the brilliance on about a 6 setting too...I love that control!

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion