The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-23-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Pickup for 314

Any recommendations on what pickup to install on a 314. I mostly fingerpick, open tunings, singer/songwriter stuff.

Thanks for any input.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:45 PM

I saw a guy play a 314 live and it sounded great! I asked him what pickup he was using and he said it was the L.R. Baggs active i-beam. He was also using a feedback buster (and it still sounded great).
Old 05-24-2004, 05:08 PM

I've had a Fishman II UST, Fishman Rare Earth mag/mic blender, a LR Baggs IBeam active, and a number of soundhole pups. Each was good for certain applications (USTs are feedback resistant in highly amplified conditions; blender sounds very natural and has the benefit of being removable). So, consider what you'll be using your guitar for, whether you like to add effects, how large the room(s) that you're gigging in, and so forth. YMMV.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion