The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Default Credit to Eastman Guitar

I bought this used Eastman AC808 a week ago with Engelmann/Rosewood.

I have to say it's really really GOOD for $1,000.

I will not compare it with more expensive Martin or Gibson, I think it's exaggerated.

But I have played Martin OM1GT and Larrivee L03R within the same price range. In my opinion, Eastman prevails. It has its own characteristics. The more I play it, the more I love it.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihyeu View Post
I bought this used Eastman AC808 a week ago with Engelmann/Rosewood.

I have to say it's really really GOOD for $1,000.

I will not compare it with more expensive Martin or Gibson, I think it's exaggerated.

But I have played Martin OM1GT and Larrivee L03R within the same price range. In my opinion, Eastman prevails. It has its own characteristics. The more I play it, the more I love it.
Without any question , id say Eastmans are a great instrument - but the Martin and larrivee models your comparing it to are basically their lower end models ( thou both are decent instruments for their price range ) I feel Eastmans are about the best production instrument coming out of China that their is -dollar for dollar a great instrument . To get better youd have to spend about twice that new -maybe to get a better sound . Typically I'm a buy US made pro model Martin , Gibson etc. becasue their track record is that of a life long guitar with a reputation for quality and they hold their value better .Id also admit that buying a Martin or Gibson used in good condition would be my personal prefered choice . ( you can also add Taylor to that list )

Last edited by Tony Burns; 05-12-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Without any question , id say eastmans are a great instrument
Plus one! Congrats jihjeu.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion