The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Default Washburn Parlor

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FYUWMgodFVUAzg

Anyone have any experience with this little thing?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Yeah - I had two of them - the first one was an "aged" 125th anniversary model in trembesi which was great, -sold it to get a fancier one - which was awful.

I miss that first one - but as a frind has it I guess I can borrow it back.

Make sure that the neck profile isn't a hard pointed V.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:02 PM

I have an "antiqued" 314K which I bought to play at pre-1900 living history events. I happen to like the hard V neck profile and the look is historically correct for the time period, even though the originals were largely gut-strung.

That said, it clearly isn't the best sounding instrument that I have by a long shot, but is comfortable enough on the couch that I've occasionally used it for songwriting purposes. It's primarily a finger-picker and soft playing style instrument. It doesn't take to a flat pick all that well in my opinion, but it is what it is. I restrung mine with silk 'n' steel strings which seem to help smooth it out a bit and add some needed warmth to the tone.

Do I play it much? Not really, I have other much more versatile guitars. But I'll probably keep it for the same reasons that I bought it in the first place. It fits that niche nicely.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modli...23585177732114

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion