The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 AM

Default Please Help! Cort AS-E4 or Tanglewood TW15 NS

Hello gentlemen. I really need advice on these two guitars. I am stuck. I've already watched every available videos about these two but unfortunately there aren't much and videos are not a great way to make comparisons. I can't decide which one i should buy and I can't try anyone on my local stores because they're not available, only by order.

So i would like to know opinions of people here who have played both.
The only thing i care is which one has the best SOUND in your opinion? Which one has the best projection, a full-bodied sound and, by the way, the most beautiful sound?

Please stick to the original question. I don't care about prices, accessories or other guitars.

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:31 AM

I have no experience with Cort guitars. I have owned 2 Tanglewood parlor guitars. I was very impressed with the tone especially at the range they were priced. I bought one and then traded up for the other a year later.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 PM

Cort make wonderful guitars. I love mine but you might not. If the Cort is a better price, buy it, you'll most likely be very happy, and remember, nothing's forever.....
Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berny View Post
Cort make wonderful guitars. I love mine but you might not. If the Cort is a better price, buy it, you'll most likely be very happy, and remember, nothing's forever.....
Which one do you have Berry? I'm also considering a Cort Earth 200 now. But i am thinking if that will be a long shot (on the down side) from the AS-E4 or the Tanglewood, because this two are all solid and the Earth 200 is solid top and back and laminated sides. Until which point do you think that will influence the sound "size" and room of the guitar (sides laminated vs all solid)?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion