The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 PM

Default Cases (flight...heavy duty...travel)

Can anyone identify these types of cases?
Old 04-23-2014, 11:13 PM

am i doing something wrong?
is the photo showing up?
i thought i read all the directions.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Guest 213

Old 05-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

Both those cases look like Calton cases, with the one on the left looking like one of the newer ones... I have one for my Goodall; it's a great case, and it's really good to know that I could throw it in the baggage compartment of a plane, if I HAD to...

Pricey, but very nice. Jean Goodall found mine, NOS, at Acoustic Pro Musician, in Texas... at the time, Calton North America (started in the UK and licensed in North America) was having some serious problems... the cases they made were still good, but the business was run into the ground by a number of poor practices. I was lucky to get one without all the BS that folks were experiencing from the (then) owner...

Nowadays, Calton North America is being run by a man in Texas, I believe. By all accounts, he's doing a fine job. Believe me, if he weren't, there would all kinds of threads on this site about it! It is truly an incendiary topic... but, apparently, the cases are now being shipped per due date without a bunch of nonsense excuses and lies...

I came very close to buying a Karura case... even more expensive than Calton, but very lightweight and very, very good...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion