The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM

Default a stray has come home....

A few years ago I acquired through a junk sale an 70's era, Morris 12 String guitar m701 model. it had been abused and neglected, then an attempt had been made to sand the top.. the bridge had lifted off. But i paid about 1/2 tank of gas for it. I realized shortly after that I was out of my depth in trying to breathe life into it.

A fellow that works with my wife, gave me the money I had "invested" and my project went away.

Well it returned last night, my friend though not entirely happy with the results, sent it is back all together, refinished, playable and great action. it seems solid enough, and will fill the need that I have for a 12 string guitar ( a minor need at best). All for little more than the price of the strings and setup.

the view from down at the crossroads.

a couple of guitars, a mandolin,bongo drums, some harps, a recorder, train whistle and a kazoo....
Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM

Steve, that's a great story. Although you bought the Morris years ago, did you give him the guitar years ago or just recently? Nice to hear about a guitar getting a second life.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Steve, that's a great story. Although you bought the Morris years ago, did you give him the guitar years ago or just recently? Nice to hear about a guitar getting a second life.
I kept it for a while, then he took it 3-4 years or so ago I guess, it had come up in a facebook conversation on Sunday night.

the view from down at the crossroads.

a couple of guitars, a mandolin,bongo drums, some harps, a recorder, train whistle and a kazoo....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion