The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Well, jeez I wish I had known about you before I moved to Boulder! I'm actually from Memphis (I have a place in midtown). Not sure you would've met a bigger boutique guitar geek (hey that rhymes! ) than me outside of Robin, Kim and George out in Nashville. I'll be sure to shoot you a line whenever I plan to visit home! If I get a flight case beforehand, I'll be sure to bring something special.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Charter Member

It's a nice thought, but the idea of inviting strangers into my house to play expensive instruments would make me very nervous. I live in an urban area and have two small children. No one comes in my house that I don't know. My house/car/apartments have been broken into many times. If I still lived in rural West Virginia, maybe something like this would work. But where I live now, such an invitation would be an invitation for trouble.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Guest 728

I think the thievery aspect is way overstated here, but if you share the concern/paranoia, see if you could rent out a small venue -- even an apartment complex's "club room" would work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion