The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 03:25 PM

Default Yamaha hard case.

I have a Yamaha FG800J and think it's worthy of a hard case. So I ordered a Yamaha brand case and it was delivered this afternoon. I pretty happy with it. My guitar fits perfectly inside. Its pretty sturdily constructed and heavier than I anticipated. I'm certain the case will outlive me.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:24 PM

The Yamaha hardcases are pretty well made. I've ordered a few aftermarket ones.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:21 PM

Love the cases that Yamaha provides with their Japanese made acoustics.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:26 AM

Interesting. The hard case that came with my electric bass was not impressive at all. While it said "Yamaha" on it, it seemed well below the quality one would expect from Yamaha even with their entry level stuff (this was no entry level bass), and I'm 99% sure it was just some generic case with the label added.

On the other hand, I've been happy with the Yamaha "hard" gig bags (not sure what to call them) that my CSF and LS came with.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:55 AM

These are made by Access cases, according to a small piece of paper that fell out of the AG3-HC I bought for my FS800 a couple months ago. Looks like it’s a one of their Stage One models but the Yamaha version has gold latches. I like it, solidly built case anyway.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPicker View Post
These are made by Access cases, according to a small piece of paper that fell out of the AG3-HC I bought for my FS800 a couple months ago. Looks like it’s a one of their Stage One models but the Yamaha version has gold latches. I like it, solidly built case anyway.
Thanks for this info. I was curious about this.

Yamaha.ca sells a Parlor hard case that fits the CSF sized guitars (but I know the Gator case does too) but not in the US. I wonder if the Yamaha parlor case is an Access.

Last edited by redi; 04-28-2024 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

This was quite a few years ago now, but the factory case that came with my Yamaha LL16 was not good at all. It looked like it closed ok, but must have had some gaps in it because when I carried the guitar through some light rain a couple of times (not far, just from my car into church), I would open the case and the guitar had water all over it.

I threw the case away pretty quickly after discovering that.

-Mike
Old 04-29-2024, 03:23 AM

I bought an AC5R a year ago, and immediately noticed a difference in the quality of the case compared to other cases I have. It's a lesser quality for sure, but it's ok. The shell is no doubt made form a thinner material. Latches work fine.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdad View Post
I have a Yamaha FG800J and think it's worthy of a hard case. So I ordered a Yamaha brand case and it was delivered this afternoon. I pretty happy with it. My guitar fits perfectly inside. Its pretty sturdily constructed and heavier than I anticipated. I'm certain the case will outlive me.
Hi Hamdad…
Guitar armor is a good thing.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion