The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-05-2024, 07:26 AM

Default Eastman AC122CE

Hi,

Looking at buying a used AC122CE locally of FB. Looks in good condition for $500 from pictures. Serial number 123826835, can't figure out the year from the serial number. Has a fishman sonitone pickup, I *think* with the battery bag, not sure.

This is for my pastor, who's guitar I've patched together multiple times... he does so much, he doesn't need to worry about whether his guitar will work or not. So I am thinking of just buying this or something similar and giving it to him.

Anyway, I think these are solid top, and BS. Should be a nice guitar for him. I haven't played many Eastmans. Anyone have experience with these 1 series Eastman?

Thanks!
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 04-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

I have a AC122-2CE-CD that I bought used about 4 years ago for around $500 to take out to places where I didn’t want to bring my more expensive guitars.

I like it a lot. Fits my hand perfectly. Easy to play standing or sitting. Records pretty well. Sound OK amplified although I don’t do that much so maybe take that with a grain of salt. Gets consistently nice comments from other players.

I recommend it.

The CD means cedar top. Don’t know what the 2CE in the middle means.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion