The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 02-14-2024, 03:24 PM

Default Question for Alesis SR-16 or other Drum Machine Users

I am looking at buying an Alesis SR-16 to accompany my guitar and vocals. What I need to know is, are there websites, similar to those for electric guitarists, where the share settings or arrangements for particular songs? If so, do the list kits, genres, bpm, etc.

This would make life essier and ease me into programming it. Thanks to those who reply!
Old 02-14-2024, 04:09 PM

I was in a duo that used the SR 16. We just used a foot switch for start and stop, and another one for fills. I tried programming it a couple of times, and almost smashed it with a hammer. It sounded pretty good though.
National Polychrome Tricone
National Model D Squareneck
Weber Gallatin A Mandolin

http://www.bandmix.com/jon-nilsen/
https://www.bandmix.com/limberlost/
Old 02-17-2024, 08:13 AM

Don't know of any websites... but to start with just using presets will get you going. A couple of cheap pedals for start/stop & verse/chorus will be really worthwhile obtaining. Simple programming is just chaining pre-existing block ... or creating new ones by modifying those you have already.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments