The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM

Default Suggestion on an acoustic guitar

I'm looking for a solid wood guitar with 1 11/16 nut, short scale (24.9) and small bodied guitar. I'm quite a small guy with small hands tried the longer scale ones but its pretty uncomfortable. Roughly below $1.5k range.

I tried a few but the only guitars that came close to that spec or exact spec is the 000 from martin, they are expensive and would highly buy those if there is no other alternatives out there. Any suggestion ?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Seagull. Play both their wide and "slim" versions and see what you think. The shorter scale and neck profile are quite comfortable for smaller hands. I'm not so sure the nut width is as important as the profile and scale.

Whatever you do, don't even look at the price tag until you decide if you like it or not. That goes for whatever brand you are trying.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah the 1 11/16 nut width and shorter scale, slim neck is important for my playability. Gonna try a few of em seagulls on my next visit to the guitar store,

Anyway thanks again, anymore suggestion please feel free to post

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion