The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 05:17 PM

Default SKB cases

Anyone have experience with these? Flown with them? Checked them as baggage? Opinions?

Buscarino Cabaret
Bourgeois OMC (Adi/Madagascar)
Bourgeois OO (Aged Tone Adi/Mahogany)
Bourgeois 0 (Italian spruce/Madagascar)
Old 02-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Had a couple of them, one hard case, one semi-rigid cordura covered. Best value for money but absolutely not for checked-in baggage. They are light and ok for going around the city. But it is just normal ABs plastic...
Old 02-11-2015, 05:24 PM

I really like mine so far but I have only had it for a week. Time will tell if it stands the test of time. ;-)

Doerr/Taylor
Old 02-11-2015, 07:47 PM

I have their basic plastic hard case for a classical guitar. It's a perfectly good case for around town, and maybe a good value, but I'll agree with the poster who said that it's not a flight case -- I haven't tested it to failure, but it seems MUCH less protective than my Hiscox case, for example. Not a close call. Of course it might be fine on any given flight, but I wouldn't risk it personally.

I do believe that they make other cases -- maybe something is in a different league.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villamarzia View Post
Had a couple of them, one hard case, one semi-rigid cordura covered. Best value for money but absolutely not for checked-in baggage. They are light and ok for going around the city. But it is just normal ABs plastic...
Ditto! I have 3 and like them a bunch. But, I don't fly much at all anymore. I really like the TSA latches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2015, 10:57 PM

I have the very nice SKB hard plastic case for my GS Mini, and I like it a lot. I've flown with it, but only in the overhead. I think it's a pretty nice quality case and is definitely safer than the gig bag. Especially where the fit is good, I think they are great.
2021 Rainsong N-PA1000NSK
2022 Rainsong V-OM1000NSX

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion