The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Default Need your Feedback!

Ok, spent 2 hours at GC today. I tried the Taylor X14 series, but the only Taylor that feels good is the GS8. But here is where I need your help.

I LOVE the Martin HD28V 9.0. Comfortable to play. Its used, and has scratches and buff marks on the back of the guitar. I know I can't talk price on this forum, so I'm hoping you all can email me privately and give me advice. I think the GC is asking too much, but I don't know.

They will throw in the case and a humidifier. The other thing, is for this price, I would expect a really gorgeous looking guitar. Should I go with a custom?

Thanks so much.

[email protected]

Lisa
Old 02-29-2008, 05:40 PM

try offering 55%-60% of their asking with extra goodies, it is used and obviously flawed so the price should reflect that, if they dont go for it then you can always walk away. When you are making a purchase like cars or guitars or anything else, you have to have the attitude that you can always walk away. If you act like its no big deal and stick to your guns then you will likely get what you want. If not, be prepared to walk away.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM

You have a PM.

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion