The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-06-2022, 04:26 AM

Default Dowina Bona Vida (Nylon)

I find Dowina's BV very cute looking, and might even consider getting the nylon-string version ... but there are so very few videos/recordings of them.

Anyone hear own one, or know of recordings of them?

Thanks!

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 06-06-2022, 05:31 AM

I don't know about that specific model, but they are generally very fine guitars, Moloney Music in Galway stocks them. A well known Irish/Australian guitarist called Steve Cooney plays one and gives a very favourable review on YouTube.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:54 AM

Dowina make very fine guitars indeed, they give the impression they still make true acoustic guitars (= not meant to be used plugged-in chiefly). They're nice folks too.

I kind of regret that I ordered a Seagull jumbo rather than a similar model from their line-up (harder to find, a bit more expensive, a bit bigger, probably a LOT nicer).

I know the video Cooney put up, and I've seen other videos; this is really about their Bona Vida.

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Old 06-07-2022, 07:56 AM

I've got an Alpine spruce /Granadillo BV.
Lovely looking guitar, easy to play, well made and sounds louder than the size would suggest.
The guitar sounds 'pretty' with nice overtones and sustain but with a good clarity also.
Taylor GS Mini Koa
Old 06-07-2022, 10:15 AM

Lovely indeed!
(But why isn't she listed in your signature? )

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion