The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Default Will Taylor be using V-Class on only Grand Auditorium models?

I've searched everywhere and I find nothing on this....will this change eventually be expanded to the Grand Concert, Grand Symphony, Grand Orchestra and Dreadnought models as well?

Anyone know?

Yamaha FG365s (1978)
Martin 000-28
Taylor 814ce
Taylor 458e
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa
Washburn Timeless Series Celtic Mandolin

Boss DR-01S Rhythm Partner
Boss RC-30 Loop Station
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Shubb capos
Bunch of boutique picks (cheap GAS cure)

Last edited by Social Exodus; 06-28-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

My understanding from their earlier marketing materials - both video and in Wood & Steel, their publication - is that they will implement the V-bracing on all their models eventually. I imagine they are starting with their upper end models and working their way down but I do not know that for sure. You might check in with an authorized Taylor dealer or contact Taylor directly.

Best,
Jayne
Old 06-28-2018, 12:02 PM

I don't remember where I read it, but according to what I saw, yes. Once they've got all their GAs V-braced (from the 300 series on up), they'll be moving to the Grand Concerts (their 2nd most popular body style). They'll do the same there.... eventually they'll have all the GCs V-braced (from the 300 series up).

My assumption is that after that they'll continue, one body style at a time, in order of popularity.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
My understanding from their earlier marketing materials - both video and in Wood & Steel, their publication - is that they will implement the V-bracing on all their models eventually. I imagine they are starting with their upper end models and working their way down but I do not know that for sure. You might check in with an authorized Taylor dealer or contact Taylor directly.

Best,
Jayne
Thanks for the reply Jayne...

Well, I dropped out of the online world for a few months and I see now that they have all the 14 model (GA) guitars down to the 500 series out in the new bracing scheme, but the 912, 812, etc are not yet.

I'm wondering if it is a factory retooling issue, or it may only ever be on the 14s which are their most popular models.

Yamaha FG365s (1978)
Martin 000-28
Taylor 814ce
Taylor 458e
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa

Boss RC-30 Loop Station
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Shubb capos

Old 06-28-2018, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleFingers View Post
My assumption is that after that they'll continue, one body style at a time, in order of popularity.
That certainly makes sense. While I am not in the market for a new guitar, I am looking forward to checking out one of the V-braced models at my local store when they have them in their inventory.

Best,
Jayne
Old 06-28-2018, 01:31 PM

They mentioned to me at a Taylor event that they hope to roll the V-brace out to their entire line within about 3 years. All of the GAs should have it by the end of this year and they appear to be on pace for that, or more.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:33 PM

Yep, the reps at the Taylor Road Show are saying they're starting with GA and then they will roll it out to the other body shapes.

They didn't say which body shape will be next.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanks folks, I'll bide my time then

I did get a chance to play a little while on an 814ce with the V bracing and it did sound good. Not enough that I had to run home and trade in my 2015 814ce immediately, but good.

But I am also loosely in the market for a smaller bodied guitar, namely an 812ce or possibly a 000 Martin. I say "loosely" because anything I would buy must so completely bowl me over that I couldn't possible live without it. So far, no joy.

Yamaha FG365s (1978)
Martin 000-28
Taylor 814ce
Taylor 458e
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa

Boss RC-30 Loop Station
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Shubb capos

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion