The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Default Oscar Schmidt?

I recently purchased 2 instruments from them and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them both generally speaking and with the models i purchased below.

The 2 i got were:

1.http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products/acoustics/or8e.asp

http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products...tics/oq40s.asp

Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 PM

While those are WAY out of my wheelhouse, I have owned several Oscar Schmidt's. They, like most guitar manufacturers, have many excellent guitars and some I prefer not to play. The name has been around longer than most. I wouldn't buy any of their models without playing them first. I have though and not been disappointed.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:41 PM

I'd love to hear what you think about the resonator. That thing looks pretty cool to me. I have always toyed with the idea of picking up a resonator but never have.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Cool, a cuatro!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 09-29-2014, 12:10 AM

I've owned 2 Oscar Schmidt guitars. One 12 string acoustic electric, that I bought for Church use that could plug into the system. I ended up with a 12 Yairi, and now use a microphone. The Oscar was a nice well built guitar. The other I have a 6 string cutaway acoustic Electric, that has been in it's case for probably a year unplayed.

Dan
Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 AM

I have also owned a couple of few Oscar Schmidts. My opinion, inexpensive but definitely not cheap Guitars. Cant speak for their other instruments. Last one I bought was one of the ES 335 copies, a Blue one. Paid I think $129 for it and after a $70 setup and a little bit of fret work, my brother ended up gigging with it on stage at Country Restaurants. At the time I was using an Epi Les Paul Custom. I think that was around a $600 guitar, as soon as we plugged into the same Amp's, I was wishing I had not let him use the OS. Tried to trade him Guitars but he wouldnt trade.

I like em, thats my opinion on them. For the quality for cost and about everything else.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:12 AM

BTW, thats a pretty Resonator.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion