The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-29-2014, 04:24 AM

the alvarez parlors are great for finger style because
of their shorter scale (less tension, easy to play)
Old 09-29-2014, 06:43 AM

I've got 3 guitars including the ap66. The other two are martins, one is 3 times the price of the ap66 and the other is 10x the price.

As much as I like my Martins, the Alverez gets it's fair share of of playing time (the only guitar I played yesterday over several short sessions), a little strumming and a bunch of fingerstyle.

Jim
Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I own both the AP66sb (all mahogany, laminated b & s) and the MAP66shb (all mahogany, all solid wood). I highly recommend both of them. The all solid wood one is more articulate and lively, but they both have good tone and are well built for the price. I preferred them to the Recording Kings because the neck and scale length were more to my liking.

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-29-2014, 08:32 AM

I can't comment on either the RP-10 or the AP66 as never played either. I played both the Recording King RP-06 and RPH-05 (Dirty Thirties) at the weekend and liked both. I liked the aesthetics of the RPH, and it was both comfortable and easy to play. I ended up ordering the RP-06. I liked the wider nutwidth, and I preferred it's tone. Should get it inside a week.
I also own a Loar LO-16 Black, which I absolutely love. There's no doubt that as 00 it is bigger than the RP-06 and RPH-05, but it's so easy to play, and a lot of fun. It also has the wider 1 3/4 nut width. Just n case anyone is thinking that I am against narrower nut widths, I also have guitars with 1 11/16 nuts and enjoy them just as much, bu tend to use them more for strumming.
Ian

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion