The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Default Lakota Straps!

I can't say enough how phenomenal these straps are. They may seem a bit pricey at 50/60 bucks, but wow. I bought my buddy one for a custom Anderson tele he just got in, and then I had a suede levi strap, but that can't compare to craftsmanship and comfort! I got the 2 in tobacco one for my Furch, and he got the 3in Chocolate.

If you are looking for a new strap, don't even bother looking elsewhere, you won't find a nicer or more comfortable strap anywhere!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 PM

https://ibb.co/n6Lb2o
Old 06-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

$50 - $60 is a pretty standard price for a quality strap.

Check out Brookwood leather.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:12 PM

They’re pretty nice. I’ve got a couple and they start out nice and soft and get better with time and use. Plus they smell amazing when they’re new.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I also have a couple of the Lakota straps and I really like them. Soft and simple. Great customer service as well.

Best,
Jayne
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM

I've been meaning to order one of these...they remind me of the straps I used to get back in the '70's....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:41 AM

I got one. A little expensive, but worth it to me. Very comfortable, looks and feels nice. I also felt good supporting their business.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:27 PM

My wife and I both have them for our mandolins. They are soft and beautiful. We both have braided ones. When you purchase a Lakota strap you are supporting a cottage industry in one of the poorest counties in our country. I encourage you to try them and why not ask your local shop to stock them. We became aware of them at Appalachian Bluegrass in Catonsville, MD.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tim T View Post
My wife and I both have them for our mandolins. They are soft and beautiful. We both have braided ones. When you purchase a Lakota strap you are supporting a cottage industry in one of the poorest counties in our country. I encourage you to try them and why not ask your local shop to stock them. We became aware of them at Appalachian Bluegrass in Catonsville, MD.
This is why I was sold on helping support them. I am a pastor, and felt that I should put my money where my mouth is.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:08 PM

I bought one of them and I love it.

Also, about the best deal around I’ve found for straps is Italia. I believe he’s a forum member here and you can get some good discounts. Super nice straps at good prices. Quality stuff.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:18 PM

Lakota straps are definitely fine straps. Soft and comfortable.

I underlined comfortable because to me that is the top criteria for a good strap.

Italia straps, as mentioned are fine straps. So are Ethos straps. They make some beautiful straps, works of art really, but are pricey.

So 50 bucks is a very fair price for Lakotas.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion