The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-24-2001, 05:52 AM

Post Trying to find Big Baby Electro - help please

I'm in the UK and have been waiting for the Big Baby Electro to arrive here. Originally we were told it would be spring, then summer and I've just been told they're now not expected here until autumn!

I've been exchanging e-mails with Taylor direct who told me they actually went into production in March.

This guitar is for my 16 year old nephew who is DESPARATE to get his hands on one. He has the money burning a hole in his pocket, I've been telling him he'll have one soon and now I've just been told it'll be autumn before they arrive.

NEW PLAN - order one direct from the States!

Can anyone help with details of good Taylor dealers who will ship internationally who have/will get the electro version soonest?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA
Old 04-24-2001, 04:22 PM

Cool

I think if your waiting for a Big Baby with a matrix you might be waiting a long time. Its been a option since day one but i have yet to see one in all the stores ive been in all over the country.

My suggestion is buy the Big baby then have a fishman matrix installed. would be faster.JW
Old 04-24-2001, 09:50 PM

Ditto to JW

I've also been looking for a Big baby with electronics. After speaking to my dealer in Singapore, decided that the fastest way is to get the guitar and get a Fishman installed later.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:45 AM

As mentioned in my original post, Taylor themselves say they started production in early March, so hopefully they should be coming through shortly.

Does anyone know what form the electrics will take on the factory fitted? Is it just the Fishman pickup or will it also have a pre-amp fitted - volume, tone etc.

Once again, TIA.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:00 AM

You're probably looking at May or June for shipping to the UK. Otherwise I'd try http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/ They're a great Taylor dealer. I'm not sure if they ship int'l or not.

Hope this helps.

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: ckgdrums ]
Old 04-25-2001, 09:18 AM

Cool

No onboard preamp or controls. The only option was a fishman or baggs bridge unit. Ive never seen any. They dont even list the option on the updated site. Your wait might turn into a long one. JW
Old 04-30-2001, 03:44 AM

Thanks guys for your kind responses to my original query.

Just thought I'd let you know, Buffalo Bros had 2 in stock and we ordered one from them on Saturday. Should be here in the UK in 6-8 days.

Many thanks for your input, it made all the difference.
Old 04-30-2001, 03:15 PM

Smile

Hey great! Good Luck with that guitar.

Let us know how it plays and sounds!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion