The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-20-2005, 01:32 PM

Default What type capo on NS guitars?

I'm finally getting a NS 52ce this weekend and wondered if the same old standard Kyser 6-string acoutic I've been using on my other Taylors will work on the NS or should I buy a classical guitar style capo. I know the nut on the Taylor is narrower than most classical guitars. Can you help me?
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 PM

I think standard steel string, because the Taylor NS series also have curved radius, but I'm not sure since I haven't played one of these.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

Whatever you use on your non-NS guitars will work on the NS.
The Taylor neck leans towards the narrow side of the spectrum, but not THAT much.
The NS design features primarily have to do with how the neck bolts to the body. What you do with a capo will not affect that (or vice versa) at all.
Kaiser. Shubb. G7th, Dunlop, whatever.

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke

"It is in the world of slow time that truth and art are found as one"
Norman Maclean,
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
I'm finally getting a NS 52ce this weekend and wondered if the same old standard Kyser 6-string acoutic I've been using on my other Taylors will work on the NS or should I buy a classical guitar style capo. I know the nut on the Taylor is narrower than most classical guitars. Can you help me?
Hi. Congrats on your NS52. You are one of the fortunate few. Please join us in the new nylon section of this forum when it arrives. We would love to see pics, videos, and hear soundclips. We don't hear to much about the 5 series nylons since they were discontinued. I love troubleclefs youtubes of his NS54. I am very interested to see how the NS52 compares with the NS62 & NS72. I used to own a NS64ce and have very fond memories of it. IF it had not been for the barndoor electronics and the GA body size, I might still own it. But as it turns out, I prefer 12 fret OO's with no barndoors.

Yes, the regular kapos will work. Also, did you buy your NS52ce used , find new old stock, or did you BTO?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion