The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 AM

Default Your BTO

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about making a BTO, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of good dealers to get it through. I'm also pretty lost on how much it can add up to. I'm thinking probably a GS with AA Indian Rosewood and Adirondack. Can someone possibly PM me with what they've had to pay for their BTO and who they got it through? Anything helps. Thanks!

EDIT: Just a thought that came to my mind out of curiosity. With Taylor's NT neck joint is it possible to actually customize a neck only for an existing Taylor? It's not something I'm thinking about doing or anything, but it's interesting to think it could be easily swapped since the neck is bolt-on.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbankey View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about making a BTO, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of good dealers to get it through. I'm also pretty lost on how much it can add up to. I'm thinking probably a GS with AA Indian Rosewood and Adirondack. Can someone possibly PM me with what they've had to pay for their BTO and who they got it through? Anything helps. Thanks!

EDIT: Just a thought that came to my mind out of curiosity. With Taylor's NT neck joint is it possible to actually customize a neck only for an existing Taylor? It's not something I'm thinking about doing or anything, but it's interesting to think it could be easily swapped since the neck is bolt-on.
A call to Jim @ Guitar Rodeo (an AGF sponsor) will really help answer your questions. Myself and many here have purchased our BTO Taylors from him.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
A call to Jim @ Guitar Rodeo (an AGF sponsor) will really help answer your questions. Myself and many here have purchased our BTO Taylors from him.
Yeah, just call Jim before you get too far.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM

+1 on Jim at Guitar Rodeo....he know's how to help you build out a guitar and will offer his recommendations throughout the process.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:56 PM

+12 for Jim at GR. Awesome to work with, and will give you a great deal. As far as your question about necks, the answer is no. Taylor will not produce a "neck only". Good luck with your BTO and let us know what you end up spec-ing out!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion