The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2024, 07:23 PM

Default UST question

All of my guitars that have pickups have a USTwith the exception of my Godin Acousticaster. The electronics were going flakey and I was never 100% happy with the sound of it so I had my tech bypass it. No more battery to worry about sort of like a K&K. Well I plugged the Acousticaster and not my Red Eye then into the PA and it sounded great. Bigger, fuller with more punch Thant the LR Baggs. I have one guitar left without a pickup, a Hummingbird Vintage and I was thinking of installing a Fishman Matrix. Is this the optimal setup or is it better or more flexible to buy a Fishman wide UST and pair it up with the floor Fishman Aura Spectrum? I am way behind the whole IR thing and would like to give it a shot, and if I like it I don’t have to worry about the changing out of the 9 volt battery. What do you think?
Old 05-03-2024, 02:19 AM

I like the Matrix more than the Element, but the Anthem more than the Matrix. I haven’t tried the Matrix with the mic, but the mic with the Anthem imo gives it an edge over the Matrix. I also put IRs on both chains fwiw using Helix.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification