The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 11:17 PM

Default Martin D-3R (1 Series) Acoustic Guitar

I just purchased this guitar on Reverb for $899. I own an HD-35 and thought this guitar would make a great gigging, jamming, and whatever guitar. However, in my research I found that these guitars are quite rare and becoming collectable. This guitar is much like the standard D-35 except it has laminated back and sides and D1 (A-Frame) non-scalloped bracing. This is NOT a Shenandoah and I believe this guitar was made in Nazareth, PA but I cannot confirm this. There is extremely little information online which is why I'm posting this. If anyone knows much about this guitar, please share your info and experience!
Thanks
Old 11-29-2022, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

I believe those are made in PA, like the D1, DM, Custom D, etc. Nice guitars and probably sound great. I'm not sure about the D1, but the Custom D is based on the D-15, so if your D3 is also it should be a great sounding, very bass biased guitar.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:01 PM
Charter Member

Contact Martin through their website and give them the serial number. They will get back to you pretty quick with specs if you request a full build sheet.

https://www.martinguitar.com/custome...caAtKZEALw_wcB

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion