The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-22-2001, 10:26 AM

Thumbs up

Good Morning!

I have recently purchased a 314K. Our local shop received two. I missed buying the first one, but when I heard that another was on order and on its way from the factory, I immediately put my name on it. It was sold before it even got to the shop.

My previous choice for best buy was the 414. The 314K gives all the benefits of the 414 with the tone that comes from Koa which sounds to me in between maple and rosewood. Also, the limited series gives it more value.

The quality of the Koa may not be the best for looks, but the satin finish is very nice and I buy my Taylors primarily for how they sound.

Bottom line: for the price (if you can find one) the 3xxK line is a great value.

Bill J in Boise
Old 02-22-2001, 12:04 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by ckgdrums:
JW, that is so cool about our 310K's.

I tell you what, I have 3 friends that own Taylors here in Wichita and we all play at church and each others houses.
I am constantly having to take my 310K back from them. One has and 810ce that he plays all the time, the other a 714ce and the other a 510e no c. They won't leave my 310K alone. I guess I need to see if they make an anti-theft device like "The Club" for a guitar. Maybe if I e-mail Bob, he'd add that to this years line.
Its amazing just how many people love to play the 310K I almost have to rip it out of the hands of the "Martin Crowd" when we play. In this area Taylors arent the in guitar to have. This is pure Martin country. But the funny thing is when we play together they all want to play whatever Taylor I bring. Its like I see them foaming at the mouth to see what I bring next. I ask them "Why dont you just buy one?" Well I just like the Martin is the reply. These guys are just scared of change. I understand somewhat as I would be hesitant about buying any non-Taylor guitar right now. But then again Im not foaming at the mouth at others either. Sure there are much more expensive guitars out there but I find no intrest in them. I do like the Tacoma
JK50CE jumbo 6 string with the baggs system and even with laminate sides the thought has crossed my mind to buy one.(very nice sound)I keep my mind open but I just need to keep the pocketbook shut. One of these days one of the "Martin Boys" is going to show up to jam with a new taylor and then they will all have to have one. JW
Old 02-22-2001, 02:47 PM

Cool

Howdy y'all

Any 300 Series guitar is, in my opinion, the best bang for the buck! That also goes with the 3xxK and 3xxM series too!

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but i am always amazed at the clarity, resonance and boom of my 310. I never imagined that guitars could sound loud without amplification. Well, my 310 surely beat that away!

It's high time that the 3/400 series get luggage cases! They're just as well-done and great as any Taylor.
TGF #66

2008 Taylor 714ce
2008 Taylor 914ce (mine but on a temporary "loan" to my dad )
1999 Taylor 310 9906100xx ex-owner
1999 Taylor 310 9911310xx ex-owner

Eu sou brasileiro-coreano com muito orgulho!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion