The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-15-2024, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Get a Eastman E1SS for $599 at Sweetwater and put a K+K Pure Mini pickup in it. You can do it yourself if you're careful and take your time.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:29 AM

Just a heads up that the OP stated in one of his replies that he's in Portugal, so the likelihood of him walking into his local guitar shop and having a selection of guitars to try out, let alone second hand guitars built in the States to select from, is fairly slim I suspect.

What about Furch? Also, maybe check out the online stock of Dowina and Eastman guitars that Moloney Music here in Ireland has - they do shipping:

https://www.moloneymusic.com/Product...lectroAcoustic
Old 05-02-2024, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmule View Post
Just a heads up that the OP stated in one of his replies that he's in Portugal, so the likelihood of him walking into his local guitar shop and having a selection of guitars to try out, let alone second hand guitars built in the States to select from, is fairly slim I suspect.

What about Furch? Also, maybe check out the online stock of Dowina and Eastman guitars that Moloney Music here in Ireland has - they do shipping:

https://www.moloneymusic.com/Product...lectroAcoustic
That's it :-) Small country where it's difficult to try or buy anything other than popular budget instruments. There isn't also anything by Eastman or Guild etc, on the second hand market. That's the real challenge, otherwise I would obviously try the guitars in person as much as I could.

I have decided to return the Epiphone (bought it from Thomman) and re-start my search. Yamaha FGX5 is a more expensive option, I can stretch up to 1600€. I tried one at a local store but it was difficult to judge, noisy store, very high action on guitar and the shop assistant was staring at me the whole time. It did look very well made, no flaws.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:25 PM

Have you considered an Alvarez Laureate?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion