The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 PM

Default Can someone help me value my Ovation Standard Balladeer?

I got it in early '99. It is model number 1761. Made in USA. Solid Sitka spruce top. Top has gloss finish in excellent shape. Cadillac Green (very dark green, looks almost black unless under bright light). Deep body with Cutaway. Cedro 2 piece neck (or mohogany 2 piece neck, I don't know if that is the same or different and if they are different which one this has). Rosewood fretboard. Electronics: Op-24 plus preamp with Thinline pickup. With hardshell case. Great condition. One small nick in top back of headstock not visible from the front and one small dent on the neck near the 3rd fret that I never really noticed until examining the guitar contemplating selling it. It needs new stings badly.

My local guitar shop has given me what seems like a very fair trade-in value but I just wanted to check in with you folks just to make sure. Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures for anyone interested.

Thank you very much for any help.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Try these: http://www.ovationfanclub.com/
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 PM

I have some blue book info on the Standard Ovation with prices. I will pm you after I finish work with the info I have which includes average prices.

Benjamin Franklin

It don't mean a thing if you have a buzzing string.

ME!

-------------------------------------------------

Washburn D10SCE
Washburn WI66Pro
Eleca 12 String Dreadnought Acoustic (Pretty poo but stays in tune.)
Vox 30 wat amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion