The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-05-2019, 06:57 PM

Default So I got a ToneRite

and it's been buzzing away on the Epi Hummingbird for the last 48 hours or so.

Not expecting miracles, but I do anticipate it sounding a bit more broken in. I bought it straight out of the box - it hadn't been exposed to elements or musical vibrations until I played it.

I'm actually really happy with the guitar as it is - it serves the purpose I want it to serve, which is to provide a tonal contrast to the Taylor while being a knockabout/living room guitar. It is gorgeous, and its plugged-in sound is quite good.

This shall be a fun little experiment.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:08 PM

I didn't notice anything notable on a guitar that had strings which were already played in, after leaving it on for a week. Of course then the tone rite devotees told me you have to keep the tonerite on the guitars all the time when you aren't playing them, or else they shrink back to where they were and become like any other mortal guitar again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion