The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Location: Central Va, really, 4 miles from geographical center of the state
Default New strings, new pick, big difference!

I'm third owner. Martin HD28 custom shop. Adi top and bracing. I bought Martin MSP7200 SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium Acoustic Strings
I think they come on the new ones. And some 0.73 picks. When I removed the strings they had the color coded balls on the end like D'Addarios. I thought, can't wait to hear the new martins. You couldn't have made me believe how different it would sound with the new strings. I will have to try elixirs next time. I usually play with a soft pick. The .73 is totally different. Even my wife could hear the difference. The thin pick made it sound brighter, I just like it better. The new strings and stiff pick makes the guitar sound like the strings have been on it for a long time. Yes it has great sustain but it stills has that old strings sound. Got a do sumpin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion