The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Default So I played a Taylor 317...

In my recent "I played a Furch and a Stonebridge" thread I mentioned that I had also played a Taylor 317, but I think it deserves its own thread.

I think Taylor has come up with something good with this 17 line. One of the things I like about Taylors is the consistency of their "out of the box" set ups. I think what Taylor does in this respect is genius.

Anyway, the tone. Unfortunately the guitar had brand spanking new strings on it which hid some of the guitar. Even so, the guitar had a mellow tone (quicker decay) that I didn't expect from a Taylor. It's not a "Gee, now I don't need a Gibson J-45" tone, but its nice.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Yep I bought one a few weeks ago from a fellow forum member. Having played all three models of the 17 series I found the 317 suited me the best. A kind of everything you need and nothing you don't guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion