The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 AM

Default 414 Spec Change?

Hey, guys.

I just traded my '05 Larrivee L-09E for a new old-stock 414 with a Fishman UST for use with my Aura. It's an '03 that was built (at least started) in November of that year. Perfect condition, no signs of dryness, not even a pickguard scratch. Nice cross-silking on the top and the back looks like one piece (I know it's two).

Question is this. When did Taylor stop doing the white fretboard binding on the 400 Series? I think it looks so much better with it than wthout; just a touch of class on a beautifully simple guitar.

Just curious.

Josh
Old 12-30-2005, 12:52 AM

oh yes... the binding is classic... i love having it around... it seems so normal without it... haha..

anyway, i think its around 2003/2004 that they stop having it. its the period when they introduced the ES... you can hardly find 414ce with ES and the white bindings...

2006 514ce
1998 Yamaha APX 6A

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion