The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-16-2003, 06:20 PM

Default JDCM used on gig 6/14/03..................

Just a little info on using my JDCM. Oh by the way I just got a JDCM on 6/12/03. On 6/14/03 I played a gig using the new ES with new XLR (supplied) cable. The sound was fantastic, it was clean and true. I like the ES more than I do the Fishman on my RSSM.
Guess I got an updated/good/better/etc. one!
Russ
Old 06-16-2003, 06:24 PM

how do you have room for all those lol? are they all around your house?

congrats by the way, lol.
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition
200? G&L Tribute Legacy
Old 06-16-2003, 10:20 PM

Hey Koadude,

My JDCM Jumbo is my beater/gigger/prize. We have an official band now. I am preparing for my first gig in July.

I plugged in my (fixed) ES Sunday at rehearsel and it was amazing! When I just wanted to blend in no problem, when I gave it that little extra the tone through the PA was fantastic.

The other guitar player and I worked through some of the tunes tonight. He has a very nice collection, his favorite being a "Pawless" mesquite. It is the exact guitar a popular Texas Country Artist, Jack Ingram plays. The guitar has a very good tone and is truly a "ment to be played" hand built guitar.

We plugged both of them into my home amp and it was just incredible how much "better" my JDCM sounded plugged in. He won't admit it but I think he was shocked.

We had a great time working on such tunes as, Sister Golden Hair, Who'll Stop the Rain, and many others.

I really look forward to hearing the ES in front of a live group!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion