The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Default In need of help finding a series of videos

There's a website with a series of videos (20+) comparing the sound of various models from Martin, Taylor, Lowden, Santa Cruz, Takamine, Gibson, Ovation, Cort, and a few others. I was going through the videos last night and didn't bookmark the site. The link probably originated from AGF... Anyway, does anyone know what I'm referring to here? Thanks!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 PM

Okay, I found it. It's an article By Red Led on the AudioFanzine site, comparing the sound of 27 different guitars. Here's the link if anyone's interested - http://en.audiofanzine.com/acoustic-...c-guitars.html

Addendum: So I've listened to all 27 videos, narrowed it down to a few guitars that caught my ear, compared each of those videos several times, and I was really surprised to learn that the Lowden F35 was the guitar that sounded the best to me. I didn't expect that at all. Even more surprising, I put the Taylor 414CE as a close second to the Lowden F35. I was expecting either one of the Martins, Gibsons, or the Santa Cruz OM Pre-War to win me over. I'm having a minor existential crisis over this and was curious to hear what others think.

Last edited by deja; 11-29-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM

this is pretty cool

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion