The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-31-2017, 09:46 AM
Guest 928

New2;

Me too. Alistair emailed a teaser photo of part of the guitar but I have yet to receive the guitar and have no photos to foreword. I suspect SEAN has pictures, but the whole Emerald crew is off vacating for the holidays so we'll all have to wait.

Last edited by Guest 928; 01-01-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
New2;

Me too. Alistair emailed a teaser photo of part of the guitar but I have yet to receive the guitar and have no photos to foreword. I suspect SEAN has pictures, but the whole Emerald crew if off vacating for the holidays so we'll all have to wait.
Sorry to burst your bubble EvanB but...

I teleported over to the Emerald Isle yesterday and absconded with your little baby...

Now you know how us Pirates work...(or is that Pee rots?)...The measly sum of $1,000,000,000 is required if you ever want to see her!!!

Alistair & Sean are too afraid to tell you that She's missing, (because you are a scary dude), but Now you know the story!!!

P.S. If anyone wants to see the pictures they will only cost $19.99 to see them before EvanB does...What A Bargain!!!
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 01-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytone View Post
(because you are a scary dude)
I suspected as much.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Guest 928

I'm going to count to ten and that guitar better be teleported to my front porch. If not, I'll teleport Kramster and five of his female body guards to wrest the instrument from your pirate hands.

O N E
Old 01-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Don't be dragging me into this
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Don't be dragging me into this
Don't ya hate it when you're an innocent (??) bystander and you get drawn into the fray??

This whole teleporting thing would eliminate a LOT of worry while you wait for those three wonderful words: "Out For Delivery." Is there an app for that?
Old 01-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K is no innocent bystander here.

TWO
Old 01-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Guest 928

IT IS HERE!

Claytone is off the hook, I didn't even get to 3, and Mr. K can stand down.

The guitar is nothing short of incredible. I removed it from the box and its fine Emerald case and the whole room lit up, the front door stopped squeaking, and I was 20 years younger.

I have yet to do a thorough examination since I wont' get really into it until I get a clear guard attached and adjust the setup. I brush and tap the face of a guitar and have learned to affix a guard before I start leaving marks on the instrument. The Barbera pickup is set high with shims so that the player can lower the setup in increments until the desired height is reached--I'll be doing some adjustments.

I can report that it is just as beautiful as the other woodies coming out of the Emerald shop. From my perspective, it may be the best looking woody ever made. Also, for a thin bodied instrument it has an incredible acoustic projection and it amplifies beyond my expectation.

I'll have more to say once I've had the chance to really fondle the guitar. Hopefully SEAN will have some photos.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:37 PM

Evan, I have only come back here today, (at great personal risk and no small expense) especially for the unveiling (at last) of this now legendary, some say mythical guitar.

Enough teasing already ! Let’s see it !
Old 01-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
IT IS HERE!

The guitar is nothing short of incredible. I removed it from the box and its fine Emerald case and the whole room lit up, the front door stopped squeaking, and I was 20 years younger.

I have yet to do a thorough examination since I wont' get really into it until I get a clear guard attached and adjust the setup. I brush and tap the face of a guitar and have learned to affix a guard before I start leaving marks on the instrument. The Barbera pickup is set high with shims so that the player can lower the setup in increments until the desired height is reached--I'll be doing some adjustments.

I can report that it is just as beautiful as the other woodies coming out of the Emerald shop. From my perspective, it may be the best looking woody ever made. Also, for a thin bodied instrument it has an incredible acoustic projection and it amplifies beyond my expectation.

I'll have more to say once I've had the chance to really fondle the guitar. Hopefully SEAN will have some photos.
Congrats, Evan! I know this has been a long wait, and I commend your patience. Of course, we are all anxious to see this instrument.

Not like I am trying to get a preview, but if you want to e-mail me any photos, I will be happy to post them for you.

What a great way to start 2018!

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 01-02-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
IT IS HERE!

Uhhh ok if you be sayin' so. Messin' with us again are you now Lad! (said with an Irish Accent)

☞ Requesting proof of said mythical instrument!! 👀

Just demanding'.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

Thank you for your gracious offer. Alistair sent me a card with what I think may be some of flash device with pictures but I'm not sure. My side-kick will let me know and I'll get back to you.

Meanwhile, back in Phoenix. Mr. K, your request is summarily denied. And leave Claytone alone, he's just an innocent pirate.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
IT IS HERE!

Shucks...I was kinda looking forward to the Kramsters Minions visiting me...I Have Seen The Pictures Of Those Little Beauties!!! LOL...

On a semi-serious note...Congrats Evan of a wonderful guitar built by those Awesome Leprecauns... Mayhaps you have found your Soulmate???

Blessings to you Amigo, & Happy New Year!!!
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 01-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Guess we we all teased and taken advantage of by a certain nylon string playing character on here... name not revealed here to protect Evan...oops ...I mean the guy doing the teasing... probably no real guitar just a character's dream in a book being written or something.
Hope this helped
Old 01-03-2018, 05:15 PM

OK.. so I been thinking about this for ..oh I don't know... 11 1/2 seconds and then called an artist friend to come up with a wood like look on an X-10 or 20 body but thin with nylon strings... so he asked "Whats an x 10 our 20?".. And then asked "People still play nylon strings?"... anyway I sent him this ... ↓..

And he sent me this after ..oh I don't know...26.34 seconds.. ↓...

Almost looks like a possibility... what do you think? Even looks a wee like CF weave on the left hand side (where you pass the Duchie...song reference sorry)

Last edited by kramster; 01-03-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Grammar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber