The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Kramster, is your friend a sketch artist for the police?

I am calling for calm and patience here. Let's not upset Evan, lest he decide to not show us this new one-of-a-kind. It doesn't matter to me whether it is nylon or steel string... let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be a banjo!

Evan waited quite a while for this - we can be patient while he finds someone who can lend him a 12 year old to get some photos posted.

Evan, I hope you are playing this new guitar, enjoying the heck out of it, and laughing at us.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
the police I am calling for ... Let's upset Evan, show us this new one-of-a-kind banjo! we can be patient while he finds a 12 year old to laugh at us.
I edited your last statement down some so it would fit better on my old school flip open phone.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 01-03-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I edited your last statement down some so it would fit better on my old school flip open phone.
Our daughter is a school teacher - just so happens that she teaches math and science to... 12 year olds. We volunteer in her classes when we are there - frankly, she deserves more than a paycheck, she deserves a medal. Her 12 year olds rarely laugh at us... it may be they are frightened. Not of us, but of their teacher if they laugh at us. Our daughter feels it is necessary to remind me on every visit: "Dad, you can't talk to them like you were training boat crew."

Mostly, I work with them to improve their humor and sarcasm skills.

To keep this OT, after careful consideration, I hope Evan has an adult to help him with the photos.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Guest 928

Boy! You guys are merciless. It's true, I am not all that pleased with technology. It hates me and thwarts me at every step--ah, to be 12 years old, in the new world.

Alas, I am stuck in an older world. I still like to touch, feel, hear, and see my world, and so I am stuck with a bunch of friends. Just today Joe R got to play my new alleged electric sting guitar. He was blown away--this guitar is hot stuff.

Of course Joe is a bit biased--he just ordered a Baylor.

Anyway, I am basking in my ignorance, playing the scat out my new guitar.

Wish you were here.

PS About those photos: I'm still holding out hope that SEAN has some.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Boy! You guys are merciless. It's true, I am not all that pleased with technology. It hates me and thwarts me at every step--ah, to be 12 years old, in the new world.

Alas, I am stuck in an older world. I still like to touch, feel, hear, and see my world, and so I am stuck with a bunch of friends. Just today Joe R got to play my new alleged electric sting guitar. He was blown away--this guitar is hot stuff.

Of course Joe is a bit biased--he just ordered a Baylor.

Anyway, I am basking in my ignorance, playing the scat out my new guitar.

Wish you were here.

PS About those photos: I'm still holding out hope that SEAN has some.
You da man, Evan! You have no doubt heard the phrase: "He who laughs last laughs best." That is actually a mis-quote from the actual phrase: "He who laughs at others who have not seen the new guitar, while playing the guitar, laughs best."

Enjoy!
Old 01-03-2018, 07:38 PM

Another artist rendition ... though the head on it doesn't seem so nylonish... musta found an Emerald guitar photo... body looks X5 X7 like...he, the artist, keeps trying ....maybe its old barn wood from cat gut days gone by

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Guest 928

Captain; I found an adult and you will soon be getting some pictures.

Kramster; Not even close. Well maybe a little close. Good try.

COMING YOUR WAY SOON ! THE REAL PICS!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Just trying to keep folks interested...if possible.... being nylon string and all.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:27 PM

Dear Evan & Everyone,

First of all, a belated Happy New Year to you all!

We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with your new custom X7 Nylon, Evan. Here are some photos which Alan took before it departed for its new home.

Best wishes from all the team,

Sean

X7 Nylon Woosy (R-Ebony)(Baeb)(Scale_nut)(Thin-Body) CS_MG_4052 as Smart Object-2. by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X7 Nylon Woosy (R-Ebony)(Baeb)(Scale_nut)(Thin-Body) CS_MG_4062 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X7 Nylon Woosy (R-Ebony)(Baeb)(Scale_nut)(Thin-Body) CS_MG_4058 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X7 Nylon Woosy (R-Ebony)(Baeb)(Scale_nut)(Thin-Body) CS_MG_4064 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X7 Nylon Woosy (R-Ebony)(Baeb)(Scale_nut)(Thin-Body) CS_MG_4065 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
Old 01-04-2018, 01:08 PM

Notice the wood grain pattern in my photo above and previous page and the one from Emerald photo ..Hmmmmm?? Is my artist friend good or what??

Last edited by kramster; 01-04-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:13 PM

Old 01-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Guest 928

Mr.K;

Your artist friend is quite the looker. As you know, I am a secret admirer of your artist friend and not too terribly surprised at how close he came to catching the royal ebony.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

That is very striking, Evan! So glad to see it - in living color!
Old 01-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Wow Evan, that guitar looks really nice! Now that you have it, I’m sure it was worth the wait. Great things take time. I’m looking forward to your future commentary as you get more familiar with all that it has to offer, including how it compares to your beauty X10N. Have fun!
Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Guest 928

Yesterday the nylon electric had its first public play. It took a while to get started because everyone wanted to give the guitar a try. And then we played (banjo, mandolin, two other guitars).

The Sunday afternoon music in the village park is acoustic and I started out playing acoustic--for a small guitar this instrument has a remarkable projection. It's not nearly as pronounced as my X10 or my ex X20, but it pushes enough air to be heard in the mix.

And then I introduced a Roland Mobile Cube into the play. The trick was to dial in the volume to match the other instruments and, at times, keep up with the banjo. Everything went well.

The guitar is remarkably well balanced and the pickup is a marvel. Alistair suggested the Barbera and I think it's the finest pickup I've ever used. It captures each string and is incredibly sensitive. The sound is clean and pure--the guitar sounds like a good classical instrument, lush yet sharp.

The short scale also turned out to be a good thing. The guitar is very easy to play and the strings bend voluptuously at my command.

I played nice on Sunday and the guitar fit right in with an acoustic group. However, the guitar can also be amped up for some nasty blues and hard rock. I think that nylon strung guitars tend to be overlooked as blues and rock instruments, but when some volume and distortion are added the nylon puts out a unique and powerful signal (some of that can be heard on the Google site blythinart.com CD).

This is a great guitar. That's not just my opinion. Everyone who has seen and played this guitar views it as a superior instrument.

My wife asks me "what's next?" I'm thinking that an X10, thin-bodied, electric, nylon string guitar would be neat. But that's an idle thought at the moment. This Emerald electric guitar has my full attention.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber