The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-25-2002, 03:22 PM

Default what electronics should I get?

well, I've pretty much decided that I am gonna go for the K14c...but what electronics should I get with it?

I don't want to put a hole in the side of my guitar! shoudl I get the LR Baggs dual source? the ribbon transducer, or the fishman matrix? I'm confused!

2003 D-28
My modified Epi Dot
Old 04-27-2002, 05:23 AM

I have been looking at the same pick-ups.
And quite frankly i can't make up my mind between the Braggs dual source and the natural matrix.
However, the duel source dose sound like the best of both worlds. But i would have a very competent tech or Taylor install it. From the comments i have read, it’s all in the installation as to how good it sounds.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:12 AM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

The Fishman goes in really easily. I've installed 4 of them. I've also installed a few of the Baggs...really easy but yes the location of the mic is important but also really easy. It takes me about 30 min for the install. I like the Baggs for the versatility, the Fishman does sound very natural. It's a toss up to me. I think you'll be happy with either.

Ron

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion