The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 04:13 PM

Default And now a Cordoba GK Studio Negra

And he’s back….

Well, picked up a Cordoba GK Studio Negra. I had one once before but it was dead acoustically, it didn’t stay around long. This is nice though. I admit it, it may be because comparing it to the Cordoba Stage Traditional not plugged in is night and day. The Stage is a cool guitar & Uros & Tavi, those guys are amazing players, sound great with anything. I love the neck on it, just unplugged is not very inspiring(to me) except for how easy it is to play and again you don’t buy these to play unplugged but still. The GK Studio sounds better plugged in(to me). It’s a little more 3D/rounder sounding I think.

The frets need to be polished and there’s something rattling in it. The jack end pin cover was loose. Maybe it’s a washer but it’s not loose in the guitar, trapped on a wire or the harnesss came loose or I dunno. I’ll figure it out when I change strings but no sharp fret ends, intonation is good, low action, plenty of saddle and the trebles sounds fairly round. I was happy about that. It’s nice & unplugged, pretty decent. The nut is not as wide but I don't really notice it at all, it feels pretty close really.So happy for now! That is all!

Old 04-27-2024, 04:20 PM

If your rattle remains a mystery you might check under the bridge. I'm not sure about this model but at least some of the lower and mid-level Cordobas use two small bolts that hold the bridge down when it's glued. They just leave them in place since the heads are covered by the tie block inlay.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:30 PM

Aaahhhh....I'll investigate. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2024, 04:52 PM

Me me me meeeeee...I really like this guitar, so easy to play. It's inspiring. It's not the most fantastic sounding but it's decent and if you don't really dig in really hard, you can get the trebles to sing a bit without it twanging.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new Cordoba, enjoy it!

In defense of the Stage Traditional though, it allows me to tackle harder pieces that I would otherwise pass on because it is so much easier to play. The constant rote repetition the Stage allows me to do is doing my fretting hand wonders and it is translating over to my full body classicals well.

But yeah, if you want unplugged tone, don't get a Stage,

Andantino:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 05-10-2024, 01:57 AM

No argument here...the Stage Traditional neck is great. I wish they offered that exact neck on another body also. The Stage is still here, who knows it may also stay if I don't send it back soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion