The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-20-2022, 05:52 PM

Default Heinonen vs Bourgeois

How much of a similarity in sound, tone, dynamics, etc between Drew Heinonen OMs and Bourgeois?

I know Drew is known for his SJs that sound similar to Olson, but his OMs to my knowledge are different. He worked for Bourgeois for a few years and I have been wondering how similar his OMs are to Bourgeois.

I have a Heinonen Adi / Black Locust OM and like it a lot. I briefly played two Bourgeois in the last year and they seem different than Heinonen’s but my experience (while very positive) was brief with both of them.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:07 PM

I’ve briefly played a couple of Heinonen guitars and have more extensive experience with Bourgeois instruments. But I don’t think I can make any insightful remarks comparing the two. I liked the Heinonen guitars better, that much I can tell you.

whm
Old 06-20-2022, 06:24 PM

I agree Wade. I like the Heinonen better, it was more responsive and open sounding for sure. But I’ve wanted a Bourgeois for a while and part of the reason I’m curious how they compare is I have my eyes on this Bourgeois below that is rather unique.

https://rudysmusic.com/collections/a...ist-9520-w-hsc

By the way, the Heinonen I have is the one I believe you played at Fretboard Summit about 6 years ago.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamx View Post
I agree Wade. I like the Heinonen better, it was more responsive and open sounding for sure. But I’ve wanted a Bourgeois for a while and part of the reason I’m curious how they compare is I have my eyes on this Bourgeois below that is rather unique.

By the way, the Heinonen I have is the one I believe you played at Fretboard Summit about 6 years ago.
Well, there were two of them that I played, so it would be one or the other.

whm
Old 06-21-2022, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamx View Post

I saw that guitar on a recent visit to the newly expanded shop in Scarsdale. It’s a beauty.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:23 PM

Thx for sharing, been thinking about an excuse for trip to NY!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion