The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Default Gig Bag Suggestions

My current gig bag is a backpack that is falling apart so I am looking for suggestions for a new bag and maybe some ideas about things I should carry. Here's what I got now

Strings
9V Batteries
Small Flashlight
Xtra Capo
Vox mic
Two instrument cables
Two XLR cables
Tuner pedal
Vocal Pedal
Spiral Notebook
Old 11-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Sounds to me that you are looking for a gear bag as opposed to a gig bag - I have always considered a gig bag to be a soft(ish) case for a guitar.

Here's what I carry all my "stuff" in...

http://www.carryaccess.com/accesspfx1vid.htm

Mine is the one that Taylor used to sell, but it was made by Access. It holds a surprising amount of stuff and is extremely well constructed.

I carry a couple mics and cords, several guitar cords, a couple pedals, strings, tools for changing strings, an extension cord, a Cooperstand folding guitar stand, picks, etc, etc.

It gets heavy with all that stuff in it, but the handle is solid and the seams are heavily sewn. Two thumb up for this.

Captain Jim
Old 11-13-2014, 06:03 PM

Default Gig bag

I have the one with Taylor logo on it and there is lots of room in it. Glad to hear that it's still being made.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion