The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFrank View Post
Not sure what you're talking about, it's common knowledge Tom Bedell owns Breedlove, obviously I meant that GC/MF was giving Tom the finger by ignoring MAP.
It's not blatantly obvious. I took it as Breedlove giving the finger to Bedell because everyone knows that extra discounts from only one particular retailer usually has to be approved by the manufacturer in order to keep one retailer from unfairly undercutting the others. Manufacturers have teams of lawyers to prevent it, and it's why you'll almost always see the same guitars and related equipment selling for the same price at MF, 8th Street, Sweetwater, etc. So, I took it that you meant Breedlove authorized the discount to undercut Bedell... get it?

Maybe I look too deep into stuff.

Either way... as the great Emily Litella once said...

Never mind!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 AM

I also thought is was a very good deal. Not in need of that level of guitar or really any guitar except the ones I can't afford at this time.

As mentioned laminate sides. Not the turn off it used to be for me. Not to get above my level of expertise but.. Laminate is not new. It is not the plywood of days gone by. It is used on some very expensive insturments. The sides being the least important for tonal shaping I do not see that as a major drawback at the price offered.

Sure I want all solid wood but I recognize a few things. Side splitting unlikely under the most extreme conditions. Also some theory that the laminate side transfers energy greater to the back. By that I only mean in theory laminate side does not have to be a drawback.

With that said I hardly think the level of craftsmanship on this guitar is of the level to really take advantage of laminate sides. Consider I also do not think the level of craftsmanship would really gain from solid sides.

A Luthier with skill could easily make a guitar with laminate b/s that is far better than any all solid $900 guitar. A guitar is the sum of it's components, yet the some of it's components is more thant the matarials used.
Cordoba Solista CE CD/IN
Cordoba Fusion 14RS
Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II HoneyBurst
Fender Standard Stratocaster Gold
Fender Standard Telecaster Lake Placid Blue
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Burst
Ibanez GRGA 42 TRB
Ibanez GRGA 32 WHT
Ibanez SR300 Grey
Old 11-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Breedlove has a huge amazing sale every year at their facility in Bend, Oregon. They sold me two beautiful guitars, solid wood with an on board Fishman PU. The prices during this sale are crazy low. The guitars are not "B" stock nor are they used or Korean made. These are American made but either discontinued or just prototypes that are great guitars but Breedlove decided to not go that direction.

One of the guitars I bought is listed at MAP $2500.00. I paid $650 at this sale and it includes a hard shell case. So you could contact Breedlove and ask them when the next sale is or how to get your hands on one of these nice all wood guitars at those discounted prices.

Good luck in the shopping and the search.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion