The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-15-2014, 11:35 PM

Default Thoughts on Breedlove Discovery concert CE?

I been thinking about getting a new acoustic,i really love the look of the Breedlove discovery CE,what is your thoughts on this guitar?I am now playing a older Epiphone AJ220S.Would the Breedlove be a step up from my Epiphone?I would play 90% of the time unplugged.There is not a store near me to play one so if i got one it would be online.
Thanks
JM
Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 AM

Default Thoughts on Breedlove Discovery concert CE?

I have the discovery concert and its an awesome guitar. It's not a CE so I can't speak for the pickup but it's the best sounding guitar I own. Setup perfectly from the factory, really feels like more money than it cost. You won't be disappointed
Old 11-10-2014, 02:45 PM

I just ordered a used Discovery Concert CE online after playing a Discovery Dred at GC. Awesome series from Breedlove...can't wait for it to arrive. Neck is 1 11/16" with a pretty slim profile, so if you like small, fast necks, you'll love the way it plays. Here's a link posted in another thread to a vid from Brian with Fazios Music where he does a nice high quality demo review of this guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1DtStZktA

Steve
'14 Breedlove Discovery Concert CE - OEM Fishman pup
Kala KA-ASAC-T - Solid Acacia Uke w/ JBB pup
Genz Benz Shen 80LT Amp
Old 11-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

The Discovery series guitars are REALLY nice instruments, especially for the $$$! I have mostly played the "acoustic only" Discovery's, and both the dreadnoughts and the concerts are just wonderfully sweet guitars, even forgetting the $299 price tag!

Can't vouch for the CE version, but if you are playing mostly unplugged, get an acoustic one and throw a K&K PW Mini into it if you need to amplify...

That's my 2 cents...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 11-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
The Discovery series guitars are REALLY nice instruments, especially for the $$$! I have mostly played the "acoustic only" Discovery's, and both the dreadnoughts and the concerts are just wonderfully sweet guitars, even forgetting the $299 price tag!

Can't vouch for the CE version, but if you are playing mostly unplugged, get an acoustic one and throw a K&K PW Mini into it if you need to amplify...

That's my 2 cents...
I concur!

Just received my Discovery Concert CE yesterday and played it for hours last night, both unplugged and through my Genz Benz amp. Absolutely love the sound and playability of this guitar. The nice long scale handled dropped D, open D, G an DADGAD wonderfully.

Factory setup was very good, just needed a small neck adjustment and I may lower the saddle a tad. 12th fret action is at .12 but would like .09 if I can get away with it. Nut action is perfect. Came with standard lights (.012 - .053) which feel good, but may swap with some EXP custom lights.

The OEM Fishman ISYS 201 with Sonicore UST is better than expected and definitely usable for open mics or playing at home, which will be it's primary use. No EQ, but does have a contour button which scoops out the mids a bit. Also has a phase button and a usable tuner.

I bought as "used" for $319 at music123 (one left at that price, folks!) but really looks new...don't even see any blems. They were great about letting me return an Alvarez AD60CESB that didn't work for me and exchange for this Breedlove, which is NOT going back

Steve
'14 Breedlove Discovery Concert CE - OEM Fishman pup
Kala KA-ASAC-T - Solid Acacia Uke w/ JBB pup
Genz Benz Shen 80LT Amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion