The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Default Hiscox case for Recording King ROS-626/627?

Hi,

does anyone know for sure which Hiscox case would fit with Recording King ROS-626/627 12-fret guitar?

Buying online without trying is a gamble... I noticed this because I just bought a Hiscox for Yamaha LL6 and was debating between dreadnought and jumbo case. A couple of sellers told that yes the D case will fit. I almost ordered it, but then asked if they can actually confirm the fit by testing because they had LL6 in stock. Well, in the end it did not fit into the D case.

All comments appreciated. If you recommend some other good case, please notice that I live in Europe. I need to buy the case within EU. Thank you.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:32 AM

Bump. Anyone?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 AM

To fit Hiscox cases you need to know the lower bout width. My guess (!) given the description of it as a 000-size guitar is that you need this one...

BUT it might also fit in one of the three sizes of classical cases (small = 14.25" LB; medium = 14.5" LB and large = 15" LB) IF the description of it as a "parlour" guitar is more accurate. Elderly has descriptions of all of these in both the Pro II and Artist lines...

If in doubt, order slightly larger and ask for extra pads.

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:51 AM

My LL16D is a perfect, snug, fit in my Hiscox dread case. I found this odd because my old LL6 wouldn't fit a standard Hiscox dread case as the lower bout was too wide. My Brook parlour came with a Hiscox case with a couple of additional velvet-covered foam pads included to take up the slack. Have you tried Thomann? They usually suggest a case to fit a guitar on their website and they are a Recording King stockist. Alternatively the Hiscox site offers fairly precise dimensions for the interiors of their cases. http://www.hiscoxcases.com/guitar-cases.htm
The bottom bout width of your 12-fret OOO is about 382mm (Martin spec), and the Hiscox OOO case will accomodate guitars up to 395mm so, in theory, it ought to fit.

Last edited by AndrewG; 11-07-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
My LL16D is a perfect, snug, fit in my Hiscox dread case. I found this odd because my old LL6 wouldn't fit a standard Hiscox dread case as the lower bout was too wide.
I measured my LL6 lower bout: 414mm. Based on the Hiscox website, the lower bout on the dreadnought case is 413mm. So, it seems that if the guitar is even one mm wider, it's better to buy a bigger case
Old 11-07-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klobasa View Post
I measured my LL6 lower bout: 414mm. Based on the Hiscox website, the lower bout on the dreadnought case is 413mm. So, it seems that if the guitar is even one mm wider, it's better to buy a bigger case
Found this-read Rod Neep's post: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=268357
Old 11-07-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Thanks. It seems that 000 might be it. Unfortunately that is harder to find than other Hiscox and the price was over 200€ + shipping. My Jumbo Hiscox was 160€ incl. shipping. If the lower bout is similar to Martin 000 12-fret dimensions, it seems that classical cases are not wide enough. I need to measure the guitar carefully.

If the outer dimension difference between a 000 and dread case is not too big, I guess dread case is OK too with extra padding. Let's see...

BTW, Thomann recommends their own low grade case for ROS models.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:08 AM

This case is now closed (haha). I'm not going to take the risk of ordering a 000 case and realizing that the size would be too tight... In the photo, this 000 12-fret guitar is resting inside a Hiscox Jumbo case with a little bit of extra padding velcroed to the sides and under the guitar. It's a nice, snug fit, and there's room for extra humidifiers. If my next guitar is OM / 000 size, I'm just going to buy a dread case and use a couple of extra pads here and there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion