The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Default Almost NGD

I ordered a Martin D-18 from Maury's this morning. I think I'm becoming a Martin man. I am having them upgrade the case, add bone bridge pins, and install a K&K Mini. I get real nervous taking my D-28 Marquis out of the house. I think the D-18 just might be the perfect gigging guitar. I'll add pics when it arrives and is unpacked.
2017 Eastman E10 OM
Old 12-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Good choice! That's a nice line-up you've got in your signature, the D-18 will be an excellent addition.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHill View Post
I ordered a Martin D-18 from Maury's this morning. I think I'm becoming a Martin man. I am having them upgrade the case, add bone bridge pins, and install a K&K Mini. I get real nervous taking my D-28 Marquis out of the house. I think the D-18 just might be the perfect gigging guitar. I'll add pics when it arrives and is unpacked.
Good choice. The timing however...

I'd been tracking my guitar since it shipped. Initially it was due last Thursday. Then, oops, Friday. Then Monday. Finally I had to go pick it up at the UPS hub on Tuesday. UPS is slammed!

Hope you have better luck.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

I forgot to mention the AGF discount Maury's applied was quite generous. It's one reason we need to continue to support our sponsors. Great folks to deal with.

While I'd like to have it next week, I'm not in a super hurry. As long as it arrives before Christmas and doesn't get damaged in the process. With all the online purchasing these days, and all the extra hiring UPS does during the holidays, it's not surprising they are running behind. Part of my motivation for ordering now is I'm moving in January and I don't want to wait 6+ weeks or longer, depending on how quickly I can sell my home here and buy one on the other side. This will be a coast-to-coast move.
2017 Eastman E10 OM
Old 12-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Sounds like a great deal on a great guitar. Congrats and look forward to the review.

As an aside, I wish you well in your upcoming move.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Congrats in advance. The D-18 and Gibson J-45 may just be the most iconic guitars on the planet.

On your move, I just survived a rather long one. What I ended up doing was buying a used road case for the guitars. I was able to fit 8 acoustics in their cases and padding in it. Just a bit of additional peace of mind.

Gotta admit though, I never did get the buying a guitar because you are too edgy to take another down the road thing. Times have definitely changed.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

What a perfect choice! Congrats! As you may have seen in another NGD thread a few days ago, I picked up a D18 last Saturday. I kept going back to play that guitar and everytime, it held up against much more expensive and equally wonderful guitars. The D18 is blowing my mind. It delivers such an inspiring & classic sound.

I need to amplify mine as well, but may opt for a Baggs Anthem since I have had great results from it in two Collings OM’s. Let me know how the K&K works out for you?

Bone bridge Pins seems like a nice visual upgrade too. Keep us posted and share pictures when you can. (To make your NGD official and all) LOL
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 12-07-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Those D-18's are very nice guitars, that was a great choice! Enjoy it!
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion