The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Default No April Select Series...

I see on Emerald's site that there is no Select Series for April - maybe May, too, if I am reading it correctly. Instead, they are going full-on custom, featuring half hour Skype discussions with Alistair to discuss what you want in a custom creation...

http://emeraldguitars.com/2018/04/27...v=7516fd43adaa

Options? You want options? 468,000 possible combinations... should be something in there for everyone. Although I didn't see anything in there about delaying anyone else's custom while they work on Evan's latest.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:19 AM

468,001 would have been nice... don't forget possibly a couple new models...so I heard
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Charter Member

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Alistair and crew come up with on the "teased" new models.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Guest 928

I am not surprised at what appears to be the end of the monthly series. I was amazed that the series made it through a year given all of the custom and standard models being ordered. Besides, Alistair can't be letting the monthlies get in the way of the new X7-OSN, nylon string electric.

Mr. K has pretty acute hearing and I suspect what he's heard is true.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I am not surprised at what appears to be the end of the monthly series. I was amazed that the series made it through a year given all of the custom and standard models being ordered. Besides, Alistair can't be letting the monthlies get in the way of the new X7-OSN, nylon string electric.

Mr. K has pretty acute hearing and I suspect what he's heard is true.
I wasn't looking that close, but I guess Kramster's ears are cute. Sorta. If you're into that kinda thing, and I'm not making any judgements.

We all have our guesses regarding what Alistair and crew are up to... you and Kramster may have an in there... I have no doubt that whatever they come up with will impress.

I have really enjoyed the monthly Select Series - I didn't see anywhere in their site that they were done with that, other than April and May. Who knows - with folks having Skype discussions with Alistair for unique Customs, there may not be time?

I am delighted with the two Emeralds I have. Not saying I wouldn't get another... we'll see what Alistair unveils.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

Now that you mention it, yes, his ears are sort of cute. You seem to have acute vision.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Captain;

Now that you mention it, yes, his ears are sort of cute. You seem to have acute vision.

Oh stop... you are either gonna make me blush or hurl... hope this helps .
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Captain;

I didn't mention it - you mentioned it. I was only going along with it so the whole thing wasn't so creepy. And now you mention my eyes?? Well, I have been told I have nice eyes. Getting to my age, I am beginning to think I won't be able to get by on my looks much longer... I may have to find something I'm good at.

Digressing.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

Smile Looks...

Hey Jim, I figure our eyesight goes at about the same rate as our looks so we don't scare ourselves in the mirror.

I am enjoying my new to me X20 Opus. I wondered what was going on with the monthly series.

Now we know.

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 04-28-2018, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Hey Jim, I figure our eyesight goes at about the same rate as our looks so we don't scare ourselves in the mirror.

I am enjoying my new to me X20 Opus. I wondered what was going on with the monthly series.

Now we know.

Cheers

Paul
The X20 is a delight - glad to hear you are enjoying yours. For the last year and a quarter, the monthly Select Series has been fun to watch. No idea how far in advance Alistair and crew had to plan and create each series, but that had to be a lot of work. I think it was good for the brand, since it created a lot of interest. Should be even more interesting to see what guitars come from these custom discussions.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:23 AM

Wait until you see the new X12 ! A winner for sure.

24.75 scale , sort of OO sized, but curvy.

Right in the sweet spot between the 7 & the 20

I don’t know where my gift of fortelling the future comes from, but I feel it is my duty to humbly share.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:55 AM

From your keyboard to Alistair's ear, Long Jon, although I would like to grow it a tiny bit in all directions... more OM sized, but curvy, 25-ish scale. I understand that crystal balls do tend to distort dimensions a little.

Now back to the creepy conversation about Kramster's ears and the Captain's eyes...

Last edited by Long Road Home; 04-28-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Wait until you see the new X12 ! A winner for sure.

24.75 scale , sort of OO sized, but curvy.

Right in the sweet spot between the 7 & the 20

I don’t know where my gift of fortelling the future comes from, but I feel it is my duty to humbly share.

I'm considering an X11.72, but smaller than an OO, scale 24.6, maybe 1 11/16th, and three knobs on the side, like on a Taylor... nah, I'm kidding about the three knobs. (No idea why those knobs bother some people.)
Old 04-28-2018, 11:45 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Options? You want options? 468,000 possible combinations... should be something in there for everyone. Although I didn't see anything in there about delaying anyone else's custom while they work on Evan's latest.

I was wondering where the captain came up at this number? It seems a little bit low and doesn’t take into account having that had a guitars also?

On a more serious note it seems to me that Alastair could shoot pictures of every guitar he’s ever made detailing the different options that are on that guitar and put it on his website somewhere so people get an idea of before and after options. With the verneers alone he can change colors or darken, lighten it etc. It seems to me that he would have a hard time skyping with every person that wanted to order a guitar and going up and down different veneers With different body types for every person that called.

Also If I read the message correctly it didn’t seem that the monthly guitars were going away.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

I would love to see a production model electric or two at some point...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber