The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-09-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Shipping - How to?

How would one go about shipping a guitar that has no case (gig bag only)? I have a Les Paul that I mentioned I might sell in another post, and if I don't sell it locally and have to ship, how would I box it up to ship if it doesn't have a hard case? Seems like no matter how you'd do it it would be a recipe for disaster.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 AM

At first blush, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me too . . .

But then again, Gibson obviously ships these to store without cases somehow.

I'm wondering if Gibson or a local Gibson seller (who would obviously receive stuff in Gibson's shipping boxes and might have the packing lying around) could help you with whatever you need to ship it . . .

And insurance (Although, read what Harominst34 said in the nearby "FedExpress disaster" thread about Fed Ex insurance: "You didn't buy insurance, you bought the right to declare a value over $100. Read the fine print...this has been discussed ad nauseum on this and other guitar forums..")

And good luck, from what I can tell from some of the shipping stories here. (Seems that it is a wonder that guitars make it to retailers in one piece . . . )

Last edited by rwnyc; 02-09-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Take it to a shipping center and pay the extra cash for them to package it.

That way, when (not if) they destroy your guitar, they will more likely pay off your claim.

Its a 50/50 chance that your guitar will get there in one piece.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion