The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Default Praise of Elixir customer service

I've been using Elixir Polyweb strings for years. I love 'em, and I've never ever had a problem with them breaking. This time around I bought a new set and the 3rd string snapped when stringing it up. No tension; it just snapped at the head...a fluke thing. I emailed Elixir and asked for a replacement. I got an immediate email back, and a few days later an entire new set showed up at my door.

Good job Elixir. I wasn't upset, and I would have been happy with just a single replacement string, but I got a whole set instead. So...IMO...Elixir makes great strings and has great customer service.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:46 PM

Elixir's service is just as classy as their strings are. When I discovered Elixir strings over a decade ago, my long...LONG...string search was immediately over. They play the way I like them to play, they last the way I like them to last, their customer service is 5 star. And I have saved unbelievable $$$ by using them, because they last so very long. I was eating 6 to 8 sets of other strings for every one set of Elixirs I bought. In fact, after Elixirs came out, I bought many more guitars because now all of them could remain ready to play 24/7...365 days a year. I am one happy camper now. Thanks Elixir!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 PM

I had a "g" string Elixir nano un ravel at the bal end?? First time that's ever happened, I phoned them and told them what happened, and got a replacement string in the mail a few days later. I use them pretty much exclusively, and was very happy that they took care of me with this problem!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:36 PM

Great hearing this as I just started using Elixir strings...love them. They really last a long time, sound awesome, easier on the hands.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Charter Member

I had a baritone set of Elixirs and when I put it on the low B string just sounded horrible and dead right out of the package. It was so bad I ended up putting the old one back on and it sounded way better.

I emailed Elixir about this and got an immediate apology back from them and sure enough a brand new set showed up at my door within 2 days.

I am very impressed at their service.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2014, 08:41 AM

We bought five sets and broke around 8 strings out of the five sets. Emailed Elixir and they sent me three new sets. Just broke another one yesterday. Still trying to figure out what's causing it....
"Out of all the sincere and well-intentioned attempts of politics, diplomacy, philosophy, religion, and education to get people to be peaceable together, ironically today, the last thing on earth that all seven billion of us agree on is that we like the steel string guitar." -Dan Crary

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion