The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 PM

Default Samash repair

Where I live there is not a lot of music stores near me, and the stores close to me don't carry any hi end guitars. So I bought my epiphone masterbuilt from samash in Philly about a hour and a half away. I had the guitar since 2009 and I have always taken care of it.

I started to notice the bridge was lifting and started having high action. To me this is a manufacturer defect. I took it to Sam ash and the guitar tech told me it was going to be 150 to get it repaired. I asked him if he could check with epiphone and he gave me a hard time but said he would. 2 days later I get a phone call the gibson would cover the repair. This made me happy and I waited 2 weeks to go get my guitar.

I went to samash and picked up the guitar and made sure the bridge was repaired and I left the store with out playing my guitar. I get home and take it out of its case. The action was set up nicely but the guitar sounded dead. I also noticed a buzz on the 12 fret on all the strings.

I am not a guitar tech but it seems to me that the guitar was not kept at the right humidity. All my humidifiers were dry and were wet when I dropped it off. I am highly displeased with the service I was given. I now have to find a suitable guitar tech near me that can do a set up for me.

To sum up this post samash = rude! Does not take care of the equipment and does not finish the job.

Also another note their acoustic room was filled with lowend guitars with old and missing strings on them
Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ-500M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Old 04-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort722 View Post
To sum up this post samash = rude! Does not take care of the equipment and does not finish the job.
I"m sorry your transaction did not turn out perfectly...but to use your experience to disparage the whole company is not fair.

I would recommend, however, to check around and try to find a respected guitar tech in your area for your repairs. It's hard to imagine that there is not a qualified tech in a metro area as large as Philly...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:15 PM

I live in Amish country, my town is part of the show Amish mafia believe it or not
Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ-500M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort722 View Post
...I am highly displeased with the service I was given. I now have to find a suitable guitar tech near me that can do a set up for me. To sum up this post samash = rude! Does not take care of the equipment and does not finish the job...
Quote:
I live in Amish country, my town is part of the show Amish Mafia, believe it or not...
Try Campbell's or York Music in York - or you could just speak to Levi...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion