The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Default Can someone recommend me some Pierre Bensusan?

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good place to start with pierre bensusan's music?

I don't really like 'best ofs' so ideally which ever album you think is the definitive one would be good...

I'm interested mainly in his DADGAD/Celtic output...

Thank you!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

My favorite album by him is Intuite, but like most of his later work, it spans many genres. It's really really incredible. One of the best albums ever recorded, IMO.

I know you said you dont want a compilation, but Nice Feeling has so many great tunes on it...
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Hi I agree with Brian re Intuite, but there are only a couple of Celtic inspired tunes on it .Try going to his website and have a look at his cd's they all seem to have soundclips of all the tracks. There's a double dvd of him teaching, a lot of the tunes are Celtic. Thats done by Stefan Grossmans Guitar Workshop. I haven't got them but I'm pretty sure you could get them either on Ebay or Amazon cheaply.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Can't go wrong with Pres De Paris, 2, or Musiques. Solilai and Intuite are great, but I feel like those first three are untouchable.

Acoustic Music Works
Guitars, Banjos, Mandolins & Good Company

A top dealer for Collings, Huss & Dalton, Kevin Kopp, Baleno Instruments, Eastman, Pisgah Banjos, OME and ODE Banjos, Northfield Mandolins, and more!

(412) 422-0710
www.acousticmusicworks.com

Friend us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our YouTube channel!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Default You Tube is your Friend

Recently I have seen quite a few videos of Pierre himself playing instead of covers by other people

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion