The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Default Takamine

Haven't post in so long cause I am just into my electrics. But Just traded one of my VOX amps for a 85 made in Japan Takamine F360s acoustic. Kind of bruised up a bit but without a doubt just about the sweetest sounding and easiest fretting acoustic I've owned. I can always replace the VOX but you can't replace a Tak that sounds this good! The general response from low end to top end is at least to me extraordinarily even.

I've been looking for a decent acoustic, with my wife not wanting to subject her old Guild to alot of wear and tear, which I don't blame her. That Guild I bought for her in 74 from Stutzman Guitars here in Roch when they were in a garage on Jay St. The elder Stutzman kept that Guild and voiced it for her for extra money of course and have never heard another guitar as rich sounding as that either.

This Tak ain't like that but it is very close, a bit higher tone as compared to the Guild and the neck is a bit wider and flatter where as the Guild is a pretty much a true old school D shape.

What I did today is just started plucking a string or two of acoustics that looked interesting. You know Masterbuilts, new Guilds, Ibanez and a couple of Martins and Gibsons(neither of which I could afford). A couple of the Gibsons were stellar. I mean holy crap they would make me sound good playing them. A few of the Martin's were also but these were 2K+ guitars.

Saw the Tak in the used case, like I said warts and all and plucked the high E and the low E and knew it warranted further consideration. So took it down, tuning was spot one and strummed a couple of cowboy chords then a little BB riff and I had to make it mine, so I did! SO there ya go. My story and I'm sticking to it. thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM

Congrats on the new/used guitar! We need some pics!!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Hey Longbow,

Sounds like a nice find. I hope you love it.

"May you stay forever young."-Dylan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion