The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-11-2024, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medford Guitar View Post
100% agree. Audiences don't care about your fancy $5000 acoustic or state of the art PA system. I'm not saying use junk that will break down but any of the major manufacturers of guitars or sound reinforcement will provide sufficient reliable equipment for any gig that I and likely many others on this forum perform.
I fall guilty of this sometimes as well. Lately, I've been able to give myself a few days to get over the G.A.S. when I see the next shiny thing and then come back to the realization my current performance gear (Guild Westerly, TC Ditto X2, Acoustic Fly Rig, AH ZED10FX, EV Evolve 50) is fine gear, gets the job done and sounds pretty good.
There's something to be said about this. I think most of us get GAS and lust after the latest greatest whatever. I've really tried to stay calm and resist the urge and think about if what I have gets the job done and if I'm still actually pleased with what I have. Not saying I've never faulted!

I bought my LD Systems Maui 11 G2 system back in 2017. While I've been tempted to look at things like the EV 30m, which has such nice features, my Maui is still sounding fantastic and I still get compliments on it's sound regularly. I love having my AH ZED10fx mixer at my fingertips to make quick adjustments. I've had that mixer for over 10 years and still love it. My simple pedalboard with an LR Baggs Venue, a Ditto X2 looper and TC Helicon H1 harmonizer hasn't changed for many years.

If it ain't broke.....

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 04-11-2024, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
There's something to be said about this. I think most of us get GAS and lust after the latest greatest whatever. I've really tried to stay calm and resist the urge and think about if what I have gets the job done and if I'm still actually pleased with what I have. Not saying I've never faulted!

I bought my LD Systems Maui 11 G2 system back in 2017. While I've been tempted to look at things like the EV 30m, which has such nice features, my Maui is still sounding fantastic and I still get compliments on it's sound regularly. I love having my AH ZED10fx mixer at my fingertips to make quick adjustments. I've had that mixer for over 10 years and still love it. My simple pedalboard with an LR Baggs Venue, a Ditto X2 looper and TC Helicon H1 harmonizer hasn't changed for many years.

If it ain't broke.....
Yes to all of this Marty.
But we can still look

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 04-11-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
K&K equipped acoustic guitar > effects pedals (pic below) > Fishman Performer amp.

What is that effects case?

Gibson Southern Jumbo (acoustic)
Gibson Songwriter (acoustic)
Gibson Les Paul 60s Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Jazz Bass
Hohner Special 20 harmonicas
Yamaha Arius YDP-181 Piano/Keyboard
Old 04-17-2024, 12:55 PM

Default Boss BCB-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggibson189 View Post
What is that effects case?
I believe that is a Boss BCB-6.
They for for ~$50 - ~$100 on Reverb.

Hope that helps. Cheers, _Roger
Old 04-17-2024, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Current setup is Sennheiser e935 straight into the 30m. Guitar, via wireless jacks, goes into a Tonedexter and a Baggs chorus pedal for occasional variety then into 30m. I keep wanting to add a Ditto looper exactly like Medford's that I haven't mastered, and will eventually return to adding a harmonizer.

The pedalboard is a battery powered Nomad, which comfortably gets me through a three-hour gig under its current light load.

Attached to my mic stand is a tablet with Songbook Pro for occasional reference and setlist order, and a dedicated smartphone to run the Quicksmart app and break music.

Behind me on the floor is an Anker 555 power station powering the 30m. Way too much (it's heavy) for what I need on a three-hour gig; I later picked up an Anker 535 which I'll test in a few weeks. Should be more than enough.

Just past my right foot is one of four battery-powered uplights I bought which really help with the vibe, makes it feel like more of an event (most spaces I play don't have their own lighting). Very expensive, but as you can see I love not having to wrestle with cords of any kind. I always have backup cords. That includes a 1/4-inch in case my wireless jacks go nuts (never have), and power cords, including a 50-footer that I used about 45 feet of at my farmers market until recently.
Wow! I am super impressed with your clean, mobile rig. What make and model uprights are those? Very classy set up Chriscom!
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-17-2024, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Sennheiser e945 mic
MIJ Takamine P3NC
Loudbox Performer

DONE!!
Hey Eric, do you bring that stool to your shows to sit your LB Performer on top of? I'm sure the Performer benefits from elevated to that height but the stool is kind of a bulky item to pack.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-17-2024, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Here is one of the mini-rigs I've been using lately. This was taken at a Pool area event I played at a Ritz Carlton Resort.

Fishman Loudbox Artist - DI > Bose S1 Pro Plus (I place on my other side) Gives great monitor and widens the dispersion. Super compact and all fits on my rock n roller cart for a one cart load-in.

Portable lights are battery powered Chauvet Freedom H1.

Here is another venue where I send a DI out to the house system.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Here is one of the mini-rigs I've been using lately. This was taken at a Pool area event I played at a Ritz Carlton Resort.

Fishman Loudbox Artist - DI > Bose S1 Pro Plus (I place on my other side) Gives great monitor and widens the dispersion. Super compact and all fits on my rock n roller cart for a one cart load-in.

Portable lights are battery powered Chauvet Freedom H1.

Here is another venue where I send a DI out to the house system.
Looks fantastic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification